Interior Home Painting Contractor
Are you ready to have a room painted but are dreading getting the old wallpaper down? Leave it to the experts at Encore Painting. We use a proven method to determine the age and type of your wallpaper and how it should best be removed.
Drywall and plaster are highly susceptible to damage during wallpaper removal. It’s critical to follow the appropriate removal procedure to ensure that your walls won’t need additional repair. The team at Encore Painting will remove your wallpaper carefully and effectively, leaving the surface in prime condition for painting.
For wallpaper removal in the Collin County area, call 972- 464-7205 or request a free estimate online.
Wallpaper Removal Methods
Depending on the age, type, and condition of your wallpaper and walls, Encore will use one of two removal methods:
- Dry stripping – This process doesn’t entail simply ripping off the wallpaper. With dry stripping, the Encore tech will start at one corner of a panel and loosen it with a putty knife. The panels or strips will then be gently pulled at an angle, taking care not to damage the wall beneath. The paper backing or adhesive left behind will then be removed using the appropriate procedure.
- Soaking and scraping – This method uses a mixture of warm water and professional wallpaper removal solvent applied to the wall in increments. Your Encore tech will perform the soaking and scraping removal method one section at a time to keep the water from penetrating into the drywall. Depending on the type of wallpaper being removed, it may need to be sanded to allow the water and solvent to get through and dissolved the adhesive.
Every Encore Painting job starts with complete preparation and area protection. When the team arrives in your home, they will put down drop cloths, cover any exposed surfaces, and fully clean and prep the area. When the job is done, we guarantee a thorough cleanup.
For professional wallpaper removal in McKinney and the surrounding area, call Encore Painting today at 972-464-7205.
Additional Interior Home Services from Encore Painting
- Drywall Repair – Encore Painting can do drywall repairs such as nail holes, stress cracks, holes, exposed corners, and peeling drywall tape. Drywall repairs are a multi-step process, which often requires edge-to-edge painting for a seamless look.
- Popcorn Ceiling Removal – If you’re ready to get rid of your popcorn ceiling, call Encore. Our team will mask the floors, remove the popcorn texture, apply the new texture, and clean up any resulting debris. It can be a dirty job; let Encore do it!
- Trim Painting – Changing the trim color is an easy way to accommodate your evolving tastes over time without making permanent changes. But trim can also bring a room’s look down if it’s painted sloppily. Your Encore Painting team employs a tactical strategy when painting trim! We guarantee a clean, precise finish.
- Cabinet Painting or Staining - Painting or staining existing cabinets is one of our most requested projects. We take pride in transforming kitchen cabinetry from old and worn-out to fresh and updated.