It is normally observed that most homeowners, especially in Texas, tend to reserve interior paint jobs for the spring and summer seasons out of fear that the paint might not dry properly if done before these two seasons.
Although the harsh weather of winter isn’t ideally the best weather for exterior paint jobs, it is perfectly fine to have your interior walls painted during this season. In fact, painting experts at Encore Painting believe it is the perfect season for an interior paint job. Why? Here are a couple of reasons.
Paint Dries Best When Humidity is Less
- Summer months are typically very humid, especially in Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Prosper, Allen, Highland Village, Anna, Celina, Carrolton, Little Elm, and nearly all other cities in Texas. When humidity is high, the paint can take a lot longer to get completely dry.
In the winter season, since it is quite dry and less humid conditions, it makes it possible for the paint to not only dry quicker but also produce better results. Low humidity conditions prevent the paint from peeling or cracking in the future.
- Because there is very little moisture in the air, the paint sticks, and bonds well to the wall as opposed to the summer season when the moisture is high. When the paint adequately dries up, it will leave your interior walls looking smooth as well.
It is Cheaper and Quicker To Get A Paint Job Done In Winter
- Since a lot of homeowners still believe spring and summer to be the best time for a paint job, a lot of professional painters don’t get enough jobs in the winter, which means they are mostly free and ready to work on a given notice.
Low demand also means fewer prices for all kinds of paint jobs. When you book a painting contractor for an interior paint job, the contractors will immediately come to you for an estimate. In the summer season, it can take days or weeks before a contractor arrives at your place. So if you want to get a paint job immediately done, the winter season is the best.
It is Generally A Good Time For Indoor Paint Jobs
- Let’s be honest, the winter season is dull and boring and a lot of times you are at home unable to go out for a fun activity due to harsh weather. So it is the best time to get something meaningful done for your home, like a paint job!
This is a great reason to get a paint job done since when summer finally comes, you’ll have plenty of free time on your hand to enjoy outdoor activities rather than worry about home maintenance.
Ventilation Will Work Best For Drying Paint In Winter
- When you get a fresh coat of paint, one of the most irritating thing that occurs is that your house gets filled up with paint fumes. While in the summer you can open all the windows and let the fumes escape, doing so in winter is not a good idea since it will ramp up your heating bills.
All you need to get the fumes out of your house is a good ventilation system and a few extra dollars for the bill. The cost of ventilation is far lesser than hiring a painting contractor in the summer. So make good use of this time and save up a lot on a paint job.
Need a Paint Job?
Encore Painting has been providing exterior and interior paint jobs in the Greater North Dallas area for over a decade. This means we understand the weather of your city and the dynamics it plays in painting and paint.
Get in touch with us if you want a quality paint job done in the winter. We provide free estimates regardless of what kind of job you have in mind for us. Check out our service areas and book your free estimate today.