You may have been led to believe that exterior paint on your house is only good at making it look beautiful from the outside and somewhat add a curb appeal so you can sell your home at better prices.
But having a fresh new coat of paint on the exterior of your home serves another important purpose, and that is to protect your home from weather conditions.
How Does Exterior Paint Protect Your Home?
- Since most houses are made with woodwork from the outside, you’ll naturally want something that protects the wood from dust, sun, and rainy weather. As it turns out, paint is like a sunscreen that protects your wood from sun damage.
If the sun manages to hit the exposed wood, it will cause cracking and drying of the wood that will lead to rot. Encore Painting, Mckinney’s exterior paint services are designed to help protect your home from such damage. We also offer deck painting services that offer the very same kind of protection.
- Even more important is the fact that your wood needs to be protected from water. When you paint the exterior of your home, it creates a barrier that protects the wood from snow, humidity, ice, and other weather conditions.
Finally, the paint also helps protect your home and wood from pests such as carpenter bees and termites. While paint doesn’t fully protect your wood from these pests, it is an essential part of keeping it well-protected.
What Happens If You Don’t Timely Paint Your Home’s Exterior?
- It can be tempting to save money and give up on exterior house painting for as long as you can. However, delaying this can end up costing you a lot more in the long run, why? Because exterior paint has a limited life and once that life-limit has reached, it will no longer be able to protect your home from weather damage.
You’ll start seeing hairline cracks, chalky residue, peeling patches, and bubbled-up paint. Once the paint becomes old, it starts to fall off and the protection it offers goes with it.
- All of the damaged paint must be removed before you can paint a fresh coat. And if its not done on time and damage is sustained by the wood behind it, you may even have to replace the woodwork. And this may cost you a lot more than getting a fresh new coat of paint on the exterior of your home.
Exterior Painting Services in Mckinney and Texas Region
- If you are still wondering whether you should paint your house exterior or not, we hope the above warning should convince you to call a contractor and get the job done. If you are in Mckinney or anywhere in Texas, get in touch with Encore Painting.
We have been providing exterior and interior painting services for many areas to the residents of these areas and we ensure that your home is well-protected by using only the highest quality paint.