Interior Home Painting Contractor
Paint can be so much more than just a fresh coat. At Encore Painting, we use a variety of specialty paints to create unique spaces for our clients. Here are just a few examples of our specialty interior painting work.
Chalkboard Paint Ideas
Chalkboard paint is a versatile tool that helps build creativity and functionality into rooms. Our clients have used chalkboard paint and whiteboard coating for these applications and more:
- Kitchens – Chalkboard paint can be used on an entire wall or in smaller designated spaces. Kitchen chalkboard paint ideas include:
- A place on the wall for shopping lists and recipes
- Cabinet doors painting for lists, reminders, measurement equivalents, and other info
- Pegboard painting with labels and/or outlines of hung items
- Lower wall painting for toddlers and little kids to use
- Entryways and mudrooms – Keep your family in check when they come and go by adding chalkboard paint to walls in your foyer or mudroom. This is a great way to keep everyone’s belongings organized with labels and lists to designate where everything should go. It’s also the perfect spot for reminders—you’ll always have what you need when you head out the door!
- Playroom and kids’ rooms – Now you can be the cool parents who let their kids write on the walls! Chalkboard paint in kid spaces lets kids express themselves through art and doodles, practice writing, and invent new ways to play.
- Basements – If your finished basement is a casual family space or a rec room area, a chalkboard wall is a perfect accompaniment. Use it for keeping game scores, making lists, composing self-portraits, and other silly stuff. If your basement has a home theater you can use your chalkboard wall as a “Now Playing” marquee.
- Home offices – Use a full chalkboard wall or frame a painted section to use as your personal bulletin board. Put your goals and to-do lists front and center!
Chalkboard paint can be applied to plaster, ceramic, glass, metal, and wood.
Dry Erase Coating
Yes, we can paint dry erase board coating right on your walls! Though it’s not often used for a full wall, a dry-erase coating can be used in much the same way chalkboard paint is used. And the beauty of this product is that it’s a clear coat that can be applied over any paint color! So you can have a whiteboard, pink board, gray board, chartreuse board—it’s totally up to you! We use Sherwin Williams dry erase paint. Its durable finish wipes clean without leaving ink “ghosting.” Dry erase paint ideas include:
- Permanent wall calendars
- Message boards in kitchens and entryways
- Kids’ room doors
- Laundry room doors
- Garage entry doors
- Closet doors
- Pantry doors or walls
Quartz and Metallic Paint Finishes
At Encore, we do a variety of faux finishes that involve sponging, rag rolling, and other techniques. We also use paint products that have special effects built in!
- Quartz Stone Impressions – With a soft shimmer that creates a subtle sparkle when the light hits, this roller-applied coating adds dimension and visual interest to your walls. We can apply it in a number of finishes, including smooth, brushed, and striated.
- Metallic Impressions – Make an accent wall or an entire room shine with this paint that gives off a high metallic shimmer. We can apply it in smooth, brushed, and textured finishes.
Creative Specialty Interior Painting Projects in Collin County
If you’re looking for a Collin County, TX paint contractor with the talent and skills to do specialty interior painting projects in your home, call Encore Painting today at (972) 954-6474 or contact us online!