Interior Home Painting Contractor
Are you ready to have a room painted but are dreading getting the old wallpaper down? Leave it to the experts at Encore Painting. We use a proven method to determine the age and type of your wallpaper and how it should best be removed.
Drywall and plaster are highly susceptible to damage during wallpaper removal. It’s critical to follow the appropriate removal procedure to ensure that your walls won’t need additional repair. The team at Encore Painting will remove your wallpaper carefully and effectively, leaving the surface in prime condition for painting.
For wallpaper removal in the Melissa area, call 972-464-7205 or request a free estimate online.
Wallpaper Removal Methods
Depending on the age, type, and condition of your wallpaper and walls, Encore will use one of two removal methods:
- Dry stripping – This process doesn’t entail simply ripping off the wallpaper. With dry stripping, the Encore tech will start at one corner of a panel and loosen it with a putty knife. The panels or strips will then be gently pulled at an angle, taking care not to damage the wall beneath. The paper backing or adhesive left behind will then be removed using the appropriate procedure.
- Soaking and scraping – This method uses a mixture of warm water and professional wallpaper removal solvent applied to the wall in increments. Your Encore tech will perform the soaking and scraping removal method one section at a time to keep the water from penetrating into the drywall. Depending on the type of wallpaper being removed, it may need to be sanded to allow the water and solvent to get through and dissolved the adhesive.
Every Encore Painting job starts with complete preparation and area protection. When the team arrives in your home, they will put down drop cloths, cover any exposed surfaces, and fully clean and prep the area. When the job is done, we guarantee a thorough cleanup.
For professional wallpaper removal in Melissa and the surrounding area, call Encore Painting today at 972-464-7205.
Interior Painting Services and More
- Priming and Painting – Your interior painting estimate includes both painting AND priming. Priming the walls is critical to ensuring a high-quality paint job. Primer helps the paint adhere to your walls and gives the new paint a clean, blank canvas so that its true color won’t be affected by the previous shade. We are happy to discuss with you the best primer for your particular needs.
- Glazing – Glazing is a painting overlay technique that adds texture and depth to interior walls. It can help you achieve a particular look or style for your rooms. Ask us about ragging, sponging, color-rubbing, or tortoise-shelling!
- Wallpaper Removal – Though it may look easy, there is a method to removing wallpaper—actually, there are two! Encore will determine whether your wallpaper needs to be dry stripped or soaked and scraped. Using the proper procedure helps avoid damage to your drywall and leaves the wall surface ready to be prepped for painting.
- Drywall Repair – Have you discovered damage on your drywall? Encore can help. We are experienced with drywall repair of all kinds.
- Popcorn Removal – Ready to get rid of your home’s popcorn ceilings? So are we! Let Encore do this dirty job for you—we’ll leave a smooth, updated ceiling in its place!
Exterior Painting Services and More in Melissa
- Priming and Painting – The Encore team can completely transform the look of your Melissa home’s exterior with a new color or freshen up its curb appeal with a new application of its existing color. For exterior painting, we highly recommend priming the surface first. Primer helps maximize the lifespan of your new exterior paint job.
- Power Washing – Power washing is usually the most effective method for completely cleaning the exterior of your home. But it should be done by a professional—different parts of your home’s exterior require different pressures and techniques. An inexperienced user may damage woodwork or brick. Encore’s painters are power-wash pros!
- Caulking – Keep the cold out and the warmth in with a re-caulking job from Encore. If you live in an older home, it’s an especially good idea to have your caulking professionally redone, particularly as part of a new paint job.
- Wood Replacement – At Encore, we also do replacements of siding, shutters, and other exterior wood materials.
- Door and Shutter Staining – Add some extra polish to your exterior paint job by having your doors and shutters stained. A fresh new color and shine can do wonders for your home’s curb appeal.
- Fence and Deck Staining – Sealing and staining your home’s deck and fencing helps prolong their life, as well as their good looks!